Though not as well-known for its vineyards as the rest of the state, Southern California has had a wine revival in recent years.
Hungry Hawk Vineyards & Winery is one of the Escondido wineries overlooks the beautiful San Pasqual Valley. The rustic California-style tasting room features French, Italian, and Spanish varietals. This superior workmanship, limited production boutique winery has a distinct style that has earned its residents’ acclaim as one of the top San Diego wineries. Click for more info
This ten-acre farm, founded in 2014 by Jeannine and Ed Embly, is one of the Escondido wineries that produce 15 kinds of grapes. Mike Embly, the Winemaker, saw the value of embracing sustainable agricultural techniques when he planted the first vines in 2009. As a result, the vines are entirely self-sufficient and represent the ideals and traditions of this family-owned vineyard and winery in San Diego.
Hungry Hawk Vineyards and Winery are backed by a devoted crew eager to make your visit with us joyful and memorable. The show is handled by the owners, Ed and Jeannine, and their son Mike, the Winemaker.
Adrian Morales, our Vineyard Manager, and Assistant Winemaker is a vital component of our success and a significant player in assisting us in attaining our aims of cultivating grapes of excellent quality. Jackson Dwelley is a consummate team player who helps us in the vineyard, winery, and tasting room. Jackson is a team member that excels in every aspect of support.
Stephen Chappell, the Operations Manager, ensures that the tasting room runs efficiently while also handling administrative chores. Alana, the Tasting Room Associate, not only excels in customer service in the tasting room, but she also likes getting her hands dirty in the vineyard! Her homemade sourdough bread was first sold at the winery. Up next is Rancho Guajome Adobe
You may also join the Thirsty Kettle Club to take advantage of member privileges such as:
- Three times a year, enjoy a selection of four (4) Hungry Hawk Vineyards wines at a discount of 20% off the regular price (Spring, Summer, and Autumn).
- There are no membership costs.
- You have the option of customizing your cargo or receiving the Winemaker’s pick.
- Free samples for members and guests at the tasting room (2 total per membership per visit).
- Hungry Hawk Vineyards & Winery wines are 15% off (bottle sales only)
- Commitment to at least three shipments
- Exclusive invite to our triannual pick-up party celebrations in March, July, and November.
- 20% off all bottles purchased on the day of the pick-up party
- The invitation is intended for both the member and a visitor (2 people total)
- There will be complimentary wine and appetizers.
Thirsty Kettle Club membership and rewards begin with the purchase of four bottles of wine. Call them at 760-489-1758 or go to their website.